Raspberry PI Installation assume Raspberry Pi OS is installed.
Download and preparation
- Download installation file ARM32
- Create a folder named prcy-wallet under /home/pi/
- Create a folder named prcy-data on a place you want to keep the data (Preferable on a ssd, else/home/pi/)
- Open the folder /home/pi/prcy-wallet (keep open)
- Select prcycoin.zip file in /home/pi/downloads/ and with the right mouse button select Extract Here.
- You will get 4 files. Select all 4 files and with the right mouse button, Cut and Paste them in the folder /home/pi/prcy-wallet
Install PRCY wallet
- Open the terminal
- Fill in: cd prcy-wallet
- Fill in: sudo chmod +x *
Opening the PRCY Wallet
- Open the wallet with: ./prcycoin-qt -datadir=/media/pi/prcy-data(Or the folder created in step 3) Follow the wizard which will guide you through the installation.
- The wallet will ask you to create a new account. Select, create the new account and click next.
- You will be ask to create a passphrase ( Password ) you have to type this twice and click next.
- Once Account and Passwords are created, the wallet will start syncing blocks. Wait until all blocks are synced.
VERY IMPORTANT: Write down your seed words.
Seeds are 24 words which are needed to recover your wallet once you forget your username and password.
- In the wallet click “settings” button in the left menu of the wallet.
- Select the button “Show seed phrase”.
- After entering your password, your 24 seed words are shown.
- Press the copy button and paste these in a text file, or write it down on a piece of paper and put itsomewhere safe.
- Keep the piece of paper or the file (e.g. on a USB stick) on a safe place only you can find. !!Never keep the file on your PC!!